Go West Young Man!

32 Days and 5,536 Miles On My Vintage Motorcycle

In the morning we are alone, the house empty. My aunt & uncle had gone about thier busy lives and we roam around the house. Any food we source here is an Ensure we don't have to drink for breakfast. My filthy jeans toss in the dryer. I lock my helmet inside and Justin is all too happy to break in and get it for me. The day begins beautifully and we're nothing but eager.

The road back to the coast cuts through the golden, scorched hills high above Morro Bay and Cayucos. Hearst Castle lingers over San Simeon and is really representative of this region - spectacular, gaudy and somewhat insane. The PCH hugs the shore tightly and the pace becomes jerky as we trace the edge of the sea.

The world famous Bixby Bridge




In Carmel I called home to let my folks know I was now a man. We headed north for Monterey and made quick work of it, as we had spent most the day zig-zagging up the sheer face of the Pacific. We were still convinced we could make it to San Francisco before dark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment